Fief Rights to Land Foreshore and other Treasure
There are many Custom and Legal Rights that a Fief Seigneur owns as a result of being the titled and registered
Lord of the Fief.
Other Customs: The Prior of Lihou owes a Dinner Each Year to the Lord Dames and Chiefs of the
Fief Thomas Blondel. Reference: https://archive.org/stream/reporttransa619091912guer/reporttransa619091912guer_djvu.txt
Manorial Rights of the Crown Dependencies by Le Cras
- Private Courts www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-guernsey-27962557
- Wind Farms and Bays
- Coinage www.coinsweekly.com/en/Archive/The-coins-of-the-Channel-Island-of-Guernsey/8?&id=743&type=a
- Foreshore - High and Low Tide Lands - https://www.jerseylaw.je/publications/jglr/PDF%20Documents/JLR1006_Falle.pdf
- Seaweed www.bahs.org.uk/AGHR/ARTICLES/14n2a4.pdf
- SeaSted SeaBed - Shoreline Disputes
- Fishing "droits de pecherie" - On Shorlines and inside territory.
- Common Areas and Underground: https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2016/04/25/car-park-drains-work-needs-permission-of-the-seigneur/
Droits de Chasse (Hunting Rights) Reference
- Water and Streams
- Annuities or revenues
or Dovecote Rights - Fief Blondel has the Famous Colombier House in its district.
- Air & Cellular Rights - Based on Devecote Rights of Air and Sky.
- Soil https://www.jerseylaw.je/publications/jglr/Pages/JLR0806_Falle.aspx
- Champarts of wheat
- Suit to the royal court - Some Seigneurs participate each year.
- Treasure - See Law Review Article from
Plymouth - See:
General rights to Wreck and Treasure
- The lord is further entitled to the Escheat of the real estate of tenants dying without heirs, or convicted
of crimes involving death or banishment, and in some instances - by special grant from the Crown - to the goods
and chattels of convicts. and all other rights and seigneurial uses belonging to or belonging to the said Fief,
without exception or reservation whatsoever.
- Rights to Avowson or to Appoint a Vicar or Priest - https://books.google.com/books?pg=PP36&dq=%22right+of+Advowson%22&id=t6RFAAAAcAAJ&output=text
- Seigneurial Rights Jersey & Guernsey Law Review – June 2008 - THE CUSTOMARY LAW IN RELATION TO THE
FORESHORE (1) - Richard Falle & John Kelleher https://www.jerseylaw.je/publications/jglr/Pages/JLR0806_Falle.aspx
- Jersey & Guernsey Law Review – June 2010 - THE CUSTOMARY LAW IN RELATION TO THE FORESHORE (2) - Richard
Falle and John https://www.jerseylaw.je/publications/jglr/Pages/JLR1006_Falle.aspx
- Some Fiefs have rights can sell for up to 64,000 dollars in 1987 - https://www.upi.com/Archives/1987/10/25/Lordships-at-bargain-basement-prices/1943562132800/
- Advice on Owning a Lordship: https://jvbq.wordpress.com/2017/02/08/advice-on-buying-manorial-lordships/
- Manorial Rights Registration
- Fief Blondel Beach
- International Court
of Justice Case on French/English History of Channel Islands and Rights of Seigneurs for Shipwrecks
- The Laws of England and
- Fiefs of
Guernsey Digital Map
- Fief Map
Fief Blondel Beach Map Below